Name and address of the controller
SCHEMA Holding GmbH
90411 Nuremberg, Germany
Tel: +49 (0)911 58 68 61 0
Name and address of the data protection officer
MG & P – Meinhardt, Gieseler & Partner mbB
90489 Nuremberg, Germany
Tel: +49 (0)911 580 560 0
1. Collection and retention of personal data and purpose of its use
1.1 When you visit our website
Each time you access our website and each time you retrieve a file, data about this process is collected by us/our service provider/website host and is stored in a log file. After no more than seven days, the personal data is anonymised by truncating the IP address and sent to us. As a result, we collect the following information and store it until it is automatically deleted:
- name of retrieved file,
- date and time of retrieval,
- amount of data transferred,
- webpage from which the file was requested (referrer URL),
- webpages retrieved from us,
- access status (file transferred, file not found, etc.),
- web browser and operating system used,
- name of service provider,
- full IP address of the requesting computer,
- notification as to whether retrieval was successful.
The stated data is processed for the following purposes:
- ensuring that a smooth connection is established with the website,
- ensuring ease of use of the website,
- for reasons of technical security, particularly to defend against attempts to attack our web server,
- analysing system security and system stability,
- for administrative purposes.
1.2 When you register for our newsletter
If you have given specific consent pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(a) of the GDPR, we will use your email address to send you our regular newsletter. We only require your email address to receive our newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time, e.g. via a link you will find at the end of each newsletter. However, you can also send your request to unsubscribe by email at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.3 When you use our contact form/our customer area
We process your data for the purpose of making contact with you on the basis of the consent you have voluntarily given pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(a) of the GDPR. Your personal data will be deleted at the end of the statutory retention period. It may be necessary to pass on your personal data to the correct recipient within the SCHEMA Group for the purpose of processing your request.
1.4 When you use our download section
On the download section of our website we offer the option to download information about the company and our products. For this purpose, we ask for your email address. After you have pressed the ‘request download’ button, you will receive a message and shortly after an activation link to your email address.
We process your data on the basis of the consent you have voluntarily given pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(a) of the GDPR.
2. Passing on data
We do not pass your data on to third parties outside of the SCHEMA Group for purposes other than the following. We will pass your data on to third parties only if:
- you have given your express consent to this pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(a) of the GDPR,
- passing it on is required under Article 6(1)(1)(f) of the GDPR to establish, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not passing on your data,
- there is a legal obligation to pass it on under Article 6(1)(1)(c) of the GDPR, or
- passing it on pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(b) of the GDPR is required to perform a contractual relationship with you.
Our website uses ‘cookies’ in several places. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer and which your browser saves. The purpose of cookies is to make our website more user friendly and secure. The cookies used by us are ‘session cookies’ and they are automatically deleted at the end of your browser session. Cookies do not cause any damage to your server, nor do they contain any viruses, trojans or other malware.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the stated purposes to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Article 6(1)(1)(f) of the GDPR.
Most web browsers accept cookies automatically. Nevertheless, you have the option to change your browser settings if you would prefer not to transmit the information. However, there is the possibility that you will not be able to use the full functionality of our website.
4. Google Analytics
5. Your rights
You have the right to:
- request information about the personal data we process about you pursuant to Article 15 of the GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the type of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data will be or has been disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectify, erase, restrict or object to the processing, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, any information about the source of your data if this was not collected by us, and the existence of automatic decisionmaking, including profiling, and any meaningful information on its particulars,
- request that we rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we store on you without undue delay pursuant to Article 16 of the GDPR,
- request the erasure of any personal data stored by us, unless its processing is required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims pursuant to Article 17 of the GDPR,
- request that we restrict the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of your data, the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the data, we no longer need the data, but you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR, or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR,
- receive the personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machinereadable format and to request its transmission to another controller pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR,
- withdraw the consent given to us previously pursuant to Article 7(3) of the GDPR. This has the consequence that we are no longer allowed to continue processing the data which depended on this consent in the future,
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 of the GDPR. To do so, you can contact the supervisory authority in the member state of your habitual residence or place of work, or in the place of our registered office.
6. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interest in accordance with Article 6(1)(1)(f) of the GDPR, you have the right under Article 21 of the GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or to object to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object that will be implemented by us without having to state a specific situation.
If you would like to make use of your right to withdraw consent or right to object, simply send an email to email@example.com.
7. Data security
When you visit our website, we use secure socket layer security technology in conjunction with the highest level of encryption that your browser supports. Generally this is 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 bit encryption, we will use 128 bitv3 technology instead. You will know if an individual page of our website has been transferred encrypted by a key or lock symbol appearing in your browser's address bar.
As well as this, we use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, full or partial loss, destruction, and against unauthorised access by third parties. We are continuously improving our security measures in line with technological advancement.
9. Updates and changes to this data privacy notice
This data privacy notice is currently valid and was updated in May 2018.
As a result of the development of our website and offers, or due to changes in legislation or official requirements, it may be necessary to make changes to this data privacy notice. You can always find the most recent data privacy notice on our website and can print it out from there.